The City of Wilsonville’s Tourism Promotion Committee has awarded $44,000 in grants to assist seven local organizations in providing events and attractions that bring visitors to the Wilsonville area.
These awards come from two programs, both funded by lodging taxes paid by overnight visitors: $25,000 from the City of Wilsonville Community Tourism Matching Grant program and $19,000 from the Clackamas County Tourism Community Partnership Program (CPP).
“The seven organizations we are funding this year have successfully drawn visitors in past years to Wilsonville and Clackamas County,” said Parks and Recreation Program Manager Brian Stevenson, who administers the grant programs. “We’re proud to support community efforts to bring entertainment and cultural enrichment to residents and visitors alike. Cumulatively, these efforts make Wilsonville a great place to live and visit.”
The complete list of award recipients funded by the City and County tourism grant programs:
City of Wilsonville Community Tourism Awards — $25,000
- Wilsonville Celebration Days: $7,000 to produce the 17th annual Aug. 5 Fun in the Park event.
- Brews for Community: $5,000 to produce the Aug. 12 Wilsonville Brewfest summer event showcasing Oregon breweries.
- Wilsonville Arts & Cultural Council: $5,000 for hosting the June 3-4 Wilsonville Festival of the Arts.
- Wilsonville Kiwanis: $4,000 to produce the Aug. 25 Kiwanis Kids Fun Run.
- Rotary Club of Wilsonville: $4,000 to produce the annual, four-show Wilsonville Rotary Summer Concert Series.
Clackamas County Tourism Community Partnership Awards — $19,000
- World of Speed Motorsports Museum: $10,000 towards out-of-area marketing efforts to promote this summer’s exhibit, “Porsche 911—55 Years of Driving Greatness.”
- Wilsonville Celebration Days: $5,000 to increase out-of-area marketing efforts for the annual Fun in the Park festival, including radio, magazine and newspaper ads.
- Willamette Falls Heritage Coalition: $4,000 for new marketing materials highlighting the Willamette Falls Heritage Area, including attractions, activities, events and services.
Enhancing tourism in Wilsonville is a primary objective of City Council, which earlier this month approved a two-year Tourism Promotion Marketing Plan as well as a Directional Signage and Wayfinding Plan to make the City more accessible to visitors. Wilsonville-area tourism attractions and events can be found online at www.ExploreWilsonville.com.
For information on the grant programs, visit www.WilsonvilleParksandRec.com/GrantPrograms or contact Brian Stevenson, Program Manager, at 503-570-1523, email@example.com.